Iris Cai Lectures ‘Business in Chinese - Chinese Language and Culture for Successful Business People’ in Global Masters in Management program in London Business School from Autumn term 2015.
With seven years teaching experience in the China Club of London Business School. Iris has given over 200 lectures to MBA students. It has received positive feedback on the lecture and the course. Students describe Iris as a passionate, creative and diligent lecturer and the course as an informative, interesting, and inspiring one.
This course uses a combination of language, culture and Chinese ancient wisdom to provide insights and practical applications into conducting business with Chinese people. Use innovative teaching methods, introduce Chinese grammar through culture. Help students to build confidence, speak confidently and progress quickly.
The culture topics covered in the Ancient wisdom and philosophy and Doing business in China include: Chinese ancient wisdom and philosophy, how traditional values influence management and cross cultural differences including how to address them.
The culture topics include:
1. The Chinese view of Financial Planning
2. Fengshui- the art of placement: for home, office and public place
3. Win-Win Negotiation with Chinese
4. Management consulting and Chinese traditional medicine theory
5. Brands creative translation: transfer positive impacts across language and
6. The Art of War-Strategy and leadership
7. Internal Control and effortless management of Dao- the Way
8. China economic geography and the development trends
9. Social media success in China
10. Entrepreneurship in China
London Business School – consistently ranked in the world’s top five MBA schools – and top Chinese establishment Fudan University, Shanghai, are responding to a rising demand for talented people who understand how to do business in both the East and the West.
Delivered jointly by London Business School and the renowned Fudan School of Management in Shanghai, the Global MiM gives you an unparalleled grounding in international business challenges preparing you for the opportunities of tomorrow.
The Global MiM is a two-year, full time course starting in September, where you
attain two internationally recognised degrees: a Masters in Management (MiM) and a Masters in Science (MSc) in International Business. Year one takes place in London. Year two takes place in Shanghai.